FG Opens Application Portal For MSME Funding, Receives 60,000 Entries

Olufemi Orunsola
The Nigerian government has announced that the application for the 2025 MSME awards will remain open until April 7, 2025.
OPEN TELEVISION NAIJA (OTN) News reports as gathered that the organisers of the project affirm that about 60,000 applications have been received, with more expected to roll in before the closing date.
OTN News further reports that winners of the award will reportedly go home with about N700 million worth of prizes, including cars, shops and houses.
It would be recalled that the portal for the submission of applications for the 2025 National MSME Awards opened on Friday, March 7, 2025, following a press conference by the Awards Committee where a new category for persons living with disability was announced.
However, about three weeks into the submission of entries, over 60,000 applications from small business entrepreneurs across the country have been received with agricultural-based enterprises leading the pack and closely followed by enterprises in the Information and Digital Technology sector, the Creative Industry.
Other categories of entries received are: leatherwork, furniture and woodwork, Manufacturing and Fashion, Beauty and Cosmetics, and businesses operated by persons living with disability.
It is important to note that the applications received so far for this year's competition have come from businesses operating in virtually every part of the country - from Lagos to Aba; Kaduna to Maiduguri; Makurdi to Birnin Kebbi; Damaturu to Abakaliki and many other locations across the country.
According to the organisers, the huge interest shown by small enterprises across the country reflects the integrity and significance of the awards in galvanising support and growth in the MSME space in Nigeria. Incentives for winners The incentives earmarked for this year's awardees underscore the Federal Government and private sector commitment to transforming the MSME space in Nigeria, especially in recognition of MSMEs' contribution to economic development and job creation. The feedback from the technical team as regards the submission of applications is encouraging but more small enterprises are urged to leverage this great opportunity by sending in their entries as the portal remains till April 7, 2025.
Interested entrepreneurs are encouraged to go to https://msmeclinics.gov.ng/ and complete the application processes.
Earlier in the year, it was reported that on Monday, March 3, the Federal Government of Nigeria announced the launch of the seventh edition of the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Award, which will be held this year.
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation and MSMEs,, Tola Adekunle-Johnson, said the application portal for this year’s will open on March 7 and run through April 7, 2025, assuring that winners will receive N220 million worth of prizes.
While speaking at a press briefing Adekunle-Johnson said the overall winner of the 2025 MSMEs Award will receive a car, a house, a shop, and a cash prize – all worth N220 million. Other winners – the second and third runner-ups – would receive a prize worth at least N50 million, as the case may be.
While announcing a new twist to the annual award, Adekunle-Johnson revealed that a new category has been created for People With Disabilities (PWDs).
According to him, the PWDs are also not limited to this category but are encouraged to apply to other categories they also deem fit. President Tinubu to gift N700 million to MSMEs to grow their businesses Credit: State House Source: Twitter Calling prospective MSMEs to seize the opportunity and apply, Adekunle-Johnson said applicants are expected to upload a two-minute video online via the MSMEs Award portal within the stated timeframe.
What's Your Reaction?






